Tuesday, November 5, 2013

People that want what you have

You know who I am talking about.

We all know people like this.

The people in your life that say things like. "I wish I had a husband like that" "I wish I had kids like that" " I wish I had a marriage like that" "I wish my life was like that." Well, I ask, what is stopping you from having those things. It is probably you. You don't get a good husband by being a bad wife, you don't get good kids by being a bad parent. I think you see the point. I didn't just get lucky.

You have good marriages and good lives by trusting God and doing what is right. If I do bad in my life I will reap bad. That is what the Bible says.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.


So, no I am not perfect, and I don't think I am better than others or deserve better. But why do people think they can have certain things without putting for the effort. If you want a good, Godly marriage then you have to be a good, Godly wife. If you want success in life then you have to work hard. Good marriages don't just happen. Good lives don't just happen. You must make them happen.

Stop sitting around wishing for what others have and start putting forth the effort to have that in your own life. If you have tried before, then try again. God is faithful. He can do things in your life that you never imagined possible. All it takes is you taking the first step. Pray and ask God to change you, not your spouse, not your kids, but for Him to change YOU. Ask Him to show you what areas in your life that need work, and when He shows you then put forth the effort. Make it a life long change, don't get all excited and do it for a week, it has to be a life change. And then, you will begin to see your life change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment