Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's not always someone else's fault.

In a message tonight preached by Dusty Hammock titled "Private Pain," He said "It's not always someone esle's fault," and boy, that hit a nerve with me.

Just the title hit a nerve, actually. He couldn't have preached anything more timely.

I am at the end of walking out some very private pain. A very long lasting pain that I have been praying for restoration, that seemingly was no where to be found. I have never known pain like it. And most wouldn't have known I was even in pain, hince, private pain. So, just the title resognated in my spirit.

One of the things that I have learned over the last few years of walking thru this, is that IT IS NOT ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT. And truth be told, this private pain that I have been in, was entirely MY fault. Yes, there were other people involved, BUT, the fault still lies in me.

In life, pain is inevitable. It's gonna happen. But sometimes.... we bring it into our life through bad choices. Sometimes bad choices take a LONG time to walk out. Sometimes, God strips you of alot of people, and things, to get you to the place that HE has for you. And, restoration almost never looks the way you envisioned.

With that said, I am greatly encouraged tonight. My heart is full of joy. I literally could blog all night, with many different titles, and still not feel like I said all I am feeling and thinking.

I am grateful to a God that doesn't give up on us. I am grateful that HE loved me enough to die for me, so that I can live. I am grateful for His mercy and grace and His healing power. And I am in awe of His power to restore. His power to restore back to Him, His power to restore marriages, His power to restore faith, His power to restore relationships.

What a Great and Mighty God we serve!

Deuteronomy 7:9

9 “Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;


No comments:

Post a Comment