Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peace in good decisions.

While in the middle of being pulled in a million directions... I have peace. It's hard to explain, but there is much peace in knowing that you are right where God wants you.

As I type, I have much on my mind. We are in the middle of purchasing our home. We had the inspection yesterday and so far so good. We are set to close Aug 15. Also, we are preparing for our first (and hopefully last) fundraising yard sale. I have "stuff" every where. I have alot of organizing to do. I am also trying to prepare for school starting back up, if I don't start buying supplies and clothes now it will sneak up on me. Then, there is that stack of adoption paper work (that is done and waiting on the right time to be sent out!) staring me in the face every night. Can I just tell you that there is such a peace.

I am now beginning to understand God's timing for our life a little bit better than I have in the past. It drove me crazy to wait in the past, but I truly appreciate the wait now.

God has flooded me with His peace that we are making the right choices. In the flesh it might look crazy, we are downsizing, from a BIG house, 5 br 4 ba to a medium size house with 5 br 2 ba. and I have such a peace about it. Oh and, don't forget that our family will be growing in the next 12-18 months! I've come to trust that God's plan for my life will never steer me wrong, it might not be EXACTLY what I WANT.... but I am guaranteed that it will be EXACTLY what is best for me... and my family. And that is my desire.

Tears come to my eyes while writing this, I am so amazed at God's love and plan for my life. What an awesome God we serve.

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord … ”(Psalm 37:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment