Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sometimes a hug is all you need!

So, this morning we were getting ready for church and I learned a valuable lesson.

Nathan had woke up early and went to watch tv on the couch and fell back asleep. So when I went to wake him up to get ready for church he was so whiney. He didn't want to take a bath, he said it was too hot, then he said the water hurt his toe, then he said it was too cold.....HE WAS WHINEY. I kept getting on to him, threatened a spanking, yelled and was about to lose it, when all of a sudden (after his bath was finished) I picked him up and held him and hugged him. He stopped crying, and when I put him down he went on to his room and finished getting dressed. He was fine the rest of the morning and day.

And I realized..... all he needed was a hug (and a little loving.) Sometimes we are in such a rush to get where we need to get, or do what we need to do, that we over look some of the basic things that those around us need.

It made me think about my life, and how sometimes, I don't need a lecture, or for someone to tell me what they would do in my situation. Sometime, a hug is all I need. Maybe I don't need you to "fix" me, but instead, just love me. I learned my lesson this morning. :) My little guy just needed some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment