Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Encouragement all around!

I just gotta say that I have been so encouraged today. Not that I was down, that's not it, but I just love how the Lord works.

I love how when He plants something inside of you, He doesn't just leave it. He water's it and nurtures it. It's not all left up for me to figure out, how to make it thrive... or just survive. LOL He is there, with every step of the way, preparing the way. Even though no application has been filled out for our adoption process, things are in motion. God is moving. He continues to bless us financially. Listen closely when I say this. We are not rich, and as a matter of fact, finances has been one of the biggest struggles in our marriage. Or should I say, lack of finances. LOL Lack of maturity and responsibility in our finances. So, yes, I know the enemy laughed when we agreed to the call of adoption. The thermometer to the right of this page is correct, we need around $30,000.00 to complete the process. The enemy taunts me daily with "that's never gonna happen," or "ha.. yeah right, like y'all can save $30,000.00." Guess what? That is how we know this is God. Satan is right, WE could never do it, but PRAISE GOD that we aren't relying on ourselves!!

Philippians 4:13 says

13 I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength.

Even though our faith is in God, there is some "doing" that is left to us. We can't just do what we want and wait for God to magically drop the money in our lap. We have to be very diligent in what He asks of us. Which means, budgeting and saving of our own finances, and then following Him in our fundraising. So far, I'm amazed. I am, I just can't help it. My God owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalms 50:10) and He says they are all mine. He wants to provide for our adoption, it is apart of His plan for our life. All we have to do is trust Him. It still seems all too big for me. Hardly believable. Or doable. But I am encouraged. Just like there was no chance that David should have beat Goliath, He did. All odds were against Him... but then God.


Thank you God for loving me. Little 'ole me. My faith and trust is in You, and You alone. As You lead, we will follow...whole-heartedly. There has already been a way for us, paved by you, all we have to do is follow. And I just gotta say, there is no where else I'd rather be, than right smack dab in the middle of Your will for my life! I love you Lord! You are an awesome God!!


Matthew 7:11


11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment