Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's so worth it.

Well, essentially this blog is about our journey thru adoption, so I almost didn't write this. But a small voice inside my head (and heart) reminded me that if it wasn't for this, there wouldn't be an adoption. So I am going to write about it.

Yesterday I was in one of my best friends weddings. And wow, she was beautiful. It was beautiful. But the whole day all I could think about was my wedding day. What an awesome day it was. I had tears in my eyes thinking about our journey over the years. Tears of joy and sadness. As I slow danced last night with my head on my husbands chest, he whispered "I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else." WOW! I totally agree. We have had our share of heart ache along the way. We married young (20) so we did some stupid stuff when we were younger. For example, for the first 6 months of marriage we thought it was one big slumber party and called in to work, didn't pay our bills ect. We had a blast, but made things hard on ourselves. Oh Gosh, there have been way to many mistakes to list on this blog, and times that we thought the only answer was to call it quits. BUT God encouraged us to FIGHT thru it. So, fight is what we did. We held on to every little bit of hope that we had. Which at the time, wasn't much. God just kept speaking to both of us that if we would do the hard thing and fight for our marriage, then it would be worth it. He reminded me of Joel 2:25 where God said "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you."

Because of our many mistakes the locusts had stolen so much from us. It left us hopeless and devastated. BUT MY GOD IS FAITHFUL! I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade this journey for anything. Some days I cried until I couldn't cry. The only thing I knew was to trust God and fight! I believe marriage is something to fight for. Call me old fashion, but I HATE divorce. I hate what it does to families. Although, even for us, it looked like the best way out, well, maybe not the best, but the easiest. But God doesn't call us to a life of ease. I thank God everyday for a husband that will fight for me. A Godly man that will arise in the time of difficulty and fight for what is right. Standing on the other side of it, I can easily say.. It is so worth it! To watch God move on our marriage when their was nothing left for us to do, was nothing short of a miracle. Believe me, there was no magic wand waved..... it wasn't that easy. We had to work. Hard. Because of that time in my life, I will never be the same again! Praise God!! He is my Redeemer!

Job 19:25

For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;


No comments:

Post a Comment