Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rough weekend.

This is Father's Day and yesterday marked the 9th anniversary of when my dad passed away. So, needless to say, it's been a rough weekend. We've been busy, so that has been good. But the heaviness during this time hovered over me. There is no other way to put it: I miss my dad. I do, and I get sad on Father's Day, and the 18th. Everyone over the years has constantly said "atleast you were blessed with such a wonderful dad for 23 years" TRUE, BUT, that still doesn't make this easier. Especially on days like yesterday, we had Nate's 6th b'day party and the whole family was together, playing in the pool, and it makes me miss him.

I just think about how much he would love my kids. I can just hear him and Allie talking and laughing together, and see him and Nate outside throwing the football! And I'm certain, he would be thrilled to death about us adopting. If anyone knew about loving people it was him. He loved big. And everyone knew it. I'm also certain that he would be extremely proud of Tim for his work at The Foundry. He would love that place. It is filled with alot of "Joe's" Men just like him in his younger days!

I truly look forward to the day that I will forever be with him in eternity. Where this nagging void from not having my dad on this earth will be filled! Until then, I'll keep on keeping on, treasuring every single day with the ones that I love!

Psalm 116:15


15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment