Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Love with no regrets!

I heard a song recently that rings in my ear all the time now. Here are some of the lyrics:

Saying live with no excuses
Love with no regrets
Laugh a lot and leave this life
With nothing left unsaid
Make this world a better place
Don‘t be afraid to cry
And when it‘s finally time, to say goodbye
Nothing to prove, nothing to lose
Nothing to hide

You see, life can not be measured by
The place you live, the car you drive
The thing that counts the day you die
Is who you are, and what‘s inside
So tell the truth, don‘t ever lie
Integrity at any price
Your words, your bond, your highest price
So guard it close, and live your life

I gotta say, God really convicted me thru this song. I have not done a very good job of living like this. I have definitely held back love when I should have loved, I have had many excuses and regrets. And sad to say, I have told my fair share of lies. I've been afraid to cry, and taken life way too serious at times.

As I listened to this song, tears ran down my face, because I don't want to wake up one day with too many regrets, and no time to make up for them. I don't want to leave a legacy to my children that things are more important than people, and that integrity doesn't matter.

God, help me to live with no excuses and love with no regrets. No matter the cost, if you are calling me into something I make no excuses, I will follow you. God, help me not be afraid to love and be loved. God, help me to make this world a better place. Help me Lord, to leave a Godly legacy behind....one that leads my kids and grandkids straight to YOU and Your Word. I don't want to be like the world. I want to be like you. Help me to live each day to the fullest and make no excuses for who You have created and called me to be!! I love you Lord!


Philippians 2:14-16


14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.





No comments:

Post a Comment