Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time flies!

This picture brings back such sweet memories! It makes me smile, and tear up. Oh, how it seems like yesterday that my kids were this age. It definately makes you stop and think about life, and how you spend your time. I haven't always been the best steward of my time. I like to sleep. Ok, that is an understatement. I LOVE to sleep. There is nothing better than a nice cold, dark room with warm covers and a feather pillow. I have heard it a million times "you're gonna sleep your life away, you don't want to do that do you?" Well, actually, I might! :) I seriously could go to sleep at 7 every night and sleep until at least 9 in the morning. Well, that probably isn't going to win me "mom of the year!" No, but seriously, I have been thinking a lot about my time, and how I spend it. Right now, my ministry is my family. So I am to minister to their needs, be it, physical, emotion, spiritually and mentally. The most important thing I can do with my time right now, other than spending it with God, is to spend it with my family. After all, one day they will be "grown and gone." (Well, hopefully not my husband LOL.... oh just joking!) What a sad day that will be. Then it will be on to the next phase of my life. But for now, my time is spent pretty much like this: cleaning up spills, breaking up fights, making up beds, cuddling on the couch watching tv, sweeping up spilled cereal, breaking up fights ;), reading devotions, sharing secrets, breaking up fights... you get the point. ;) This doesn't last forever....sad to say! So, with that said, I am doing what I can to make the best of my time. It's part of the order that God is bringing into our family!! God, help me to make the best use of my time. Knowing that our time on earth is so short, and that we are not promised tomorrow. Help me treasure my family and enjoy everyday with them.


Ecclesiastes 1:5

5 The sun rises, the sun sets,
and then it hurries back to where it rises again.

No comments:

Post a Comment