Saturday, May 28, 2011

Broken

Today has been a great day. I have been a little overwhelmed lately with house work so I took this opportunity to catch up. Tim is gone to his Dad's in AR and I sent the kids outside to play. I had several uninterrupted hours to clean. I plugged my iphone into the dock and turned on Pandora to Praise and Worship. And the cleaning began! I enjoyed some time to just be with God. As I was cleaning something began stirring in me. God was showing me my brokenness. The reason for my sometimes ill, impatient, discontent self! "But God" I replied! This is one time in my life I don't feel broken. There have been moments in my life that I KNEW I was broken. Completely. But now isn't one of them. Yet, God continued. He was showing me that we all are broken. We all have something in us that makes us feel as though we aren't complete. Something hovering over us, leaving us needing something. Someone. It's actually not a bad thing. Because we recognize our need for God. I've matured alot over the last few years.... but can I tell you.... I NEED GOD!

I, actually, was grateful for God speaking that to me today. Sometimes I just feel like something is missing. We have all done it. Thinking that new car or house would somehow make us happy. And when it doesn't, well then, a vacation will make us happy. Oh, that didn't work either, well, lets have another baby. Surely I am not the only one who has done this. I've learned the hard way that noTHING will make me happy, better yet, noONE other than God can either. He alone completes me. He alone gives me my joy. Sure I have joy in my husband and kids. Yet, they do not and were not created to satisfy me. Only He can do that!

So when I start feeling an ache in my heart, it's probably because I need to stop and spend some time with God. As a matter of fact, I shouldn't wait to have an ache. In this busy thing called life, help me not to neglect the ONE Who gave me life.

Isaiah 26:3

3 You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment