Monday, May 16, 2011

In love with my family!

And I sure can't wait to add 2 more stockings in my house (and on my ornament) for Christmas!

I'm getting pretty excited. Ok, that is a little understatement! I'm giddy. Joyful. Ecstatic. And, I'm in love. Not sure with who yet, but I already have a place in my heart for my children. I pray for them everyday. I pray that God will lead me to them, and FAST! :) Just kidding. The process is going to be long. Well, actually, the "pre-process" as I am calling it, the time that it is taking us to get prepared, seems to be taking to most time. BUT, It will so be worth it.

Enough of about the waiting...

I ordered me a few more Christian books on adoption and as I am reading I am saddened. It gives statistics that are heartbreaking. There are something like 147 MILLION orphans in the world today. Also, something like 48% of Christians consider adoption, while only 1% ACTUALLY do adopt. That is heart breaking. If the Christians are taking a stand for God's children, who will? Is it that we are too selfish? Too afraid that we will have to give up something? Heaven forbid that. That would just be awful. Now, I do realize that not everyone is called, or CAN adopt. BUT, I honestly believe that there are a lot more people in the world that can adopt, but aren't. I pray that as we walk through this, that it encourages others to look into it. I pray that it gives another family the courage to step out side of their comfort zone and be a forever family to a child in need. I pray that our testimony touches lives and gives God ALL the glory. After all, this isn't about us. This is all about Him!! It's His desire that we love like He loves, and that we give ourselves as He gave himself to us.

Matthew 18:5

5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment