Sunday, May 15, 2011

Enjoy the ride!

My Pastor has been preaching a series called "It's Your Race." This morning he preached a message entitled "Slow and Steady." This really spoke to me. I have a very hard time just slowing down, especially when I have my heart and mind set on something. God spoke to me during the message and said "just enjoy where you are and what I am doing in you TODAY!" Pastor started talking about enjoying the ride. That is my prayer. That during this time of waiting, decisions, and changes, that I would enjoy the ride. That my heart is content and life is joyful. That I am not wishing my life away. That I am living for today. Preparing for tomorrow, but ultimately living life for today, not things to come.

Hebrews 12:1-2

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment