Friday, May 13, 2011

I've been here before.

Waiting. Waiting. And more waiting.

I'll never forget the day I found out I was pregnant, each time. I still remember where I was and what was going on when I first found out. I was beside myself, all 3 times. The hard part was the wait. It drove me crazy. If you know me, then you know I am not the most patient person in the world. People who take to long to drive after a light turns green make me crazy. Long lines irritate me to no end. But the worse kind of waiting is when you are waiting for a special day, birthday, Christmas, anniversary. Or an event. A vacation, wedding ect. Ugh. Im getting anxious just talking about it. We surprised the kids a few months ago and took them to Disney World. Tim and I had planned it for about 5-6 months. I nearly drove myself crazy. I almost told the kids 38 times before I was supposed to.

But I have learned something. The wait is a time of maturing. It teaches patience. It teaches self-control. All are areas I need growth in! So I thank God for the wait.

Right now we are currently in the process of buying a new home. So, until that is complete, we can't start the adoption process. Ugh. Another thing to wait on... a house. :) But there is one thing I have learned, God's timing is perfect. You see, although I am ready to jump in there and bring our children home right this second, maybe "our" children aren't ready for us yet. Maybe they are not on a waiting list and if we jumped ahead of God's timing, we would miss what God has for us. Oh, we would get our end result of adoption, but it wouldn't be His perfect will. Even in the midst of my impatience, I want His will. So I have to tell myself "Calm down! His timing is perfect and He will bring it all together!"

Philippians 4:6

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment