Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blessings




The first time I heard this song, tears just ran down my face. How many times had I cried and prayed for peace, for blessings, only to feel disappointed and let down, by God. I never quite understood why God allowed some things to happen, or why He didn't answer some of the most pain-filled prayers I have ever prayed. Why does He allow a loving dad to die at such a young age? Why doesn't He "fix" finances? Why are some women able to have babies while others lay in bed and cry out to God for Him to give them that desire? Why are marriages broken, family members strayed from God, and life-threatening diseases not "fixed" by God?

I know that sin is the cause of most of these, but even with that, sin is no match for God. He controls it all. He can heal, redeem, and save the world. But He showed me something through this song. Blessings come in many different ways. Sometimes going through such heartache leads us straight to Him, when nothing else would. To have nothing else to "save" us, or "fix" us, but Him. God knows, much better than us, what we need to lead us to Him, and to that life that He has called us to. I know had all of my prayers been answered I wouldn't be where I am today. I would still be living life for me, and only me. Thinking I was "called" for one thing, when in reality I would have missed the very purpose that He created me for. God designed us all to be different. Not to fit the mold of those around us, to do what everyone else is doing.... thinking it is my purpose as well. Thank you God for the blessings that disrupted my life. The blessings of unanswered prayers. Thank you God for the raindrops turned to blessings and that my healing came through tears. Thank you God for the blessings that led us to this point in our life. And thank you for the blessings that will lead our 2 children home to us!

This is my favorite part of the song:
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy

How true is that?!

Psalm 139:13-14

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment