Sunday, May 8, 2011

It is official...

we have accepted the call to go from a family of 5 to a family of 7! Yep, you read that right, and yes, we probably are "crazy." :) I have learned that the desires and dreams that God gives us, are not always easily understood. Sometimes they don't make sense to us. And sometimes they seem scary. With that said, I am not scared. I'm actually very much elated and over-joyed! Let me go back a little....

Tim and I have always felt "the calling" to adopt. But hey, with 3 kids of our own in 4.5 years and alot of financial struggles we have always pushed that to the back of our mind. A few times over the years we would revisit it, discuss it and then eventually move on, yet again. We looked into foster care and adopting here in the states but for some reason it never "felt" right. Now, if there is one thing I have learned over the years is that you can not go by feelings, yet, we didn't think that was our calling. But THEN... one night in my crazy search on line, I came across a place I had never heard of, Uganda Africa. I watched a video on Youtube about it. I instantly began to cry. And from then on it was all I could think about. So much so that after about 2 weeks I created this blog so I could vent a little. I didn't want to go around announcing that we were going to adopt 2 kids from Uganda. After all, what if we changed my mind? I didn't even know the cost, money wise plus what it would cost my family, as a whole. So I prayed about it. And prayed about it. I stayed up late reading other blogs about international adoption. I felt crazy. We can't be doing this. We already have 3 kids. Half the time those 3 are enough to drive me pure nuts! God said, have faith. Or better yet, we don't have the money for that. We just now have a good record or saving. Yet again, God said have faith. So I laid in bed that night and prayed, "God, I feel crazy. This can't be You. I need to know this is from You, or take this away from me. We can't possibly do this. And if it is you, I need to KNOW it's you." Eventually I drifted off to sleep. Got up and went to work. I was unloading a truck with the truck driver when my phone rang on my desk, I excused myself and ran to get it. It was Allie calling to ask me something before getting on the bus. When I went back on the trailer to finish unloading I apologized to the driver and told him it was my kids. To which he replied, "It's alight, I have kids, as a matter of fact....WE ADOPTED HER." NOW, that might not mean much to you, but I work with truck drivers everyday. And they talk about alot of things, but never has one, in the 2 years I have been there, mentioned adoption to me. Then he goes on to say "my wife works at an orphanage!" And, that is when I began to cry. LOL

And since then, there have been several more confirmations! So, we have accepted the calling and we are taking the leap of faith. After all, this life isn't about us. I want to be and do ALL that God created me to do and be. Easy or hard I accept the call. So here we start on this journey! God, help us LOVE REAL BIG!

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love
.

No comments:

Post a Comment