Thursday, May 5, 2011

There is more to life...

than just what meets our eyes. Just because we don't see the destruction or hurt around us does't mean that it doesn't exist. Just because we can't see air, doesn't mean that we are not breathing it. Suddenly I have been awakened to the sad truth there there are many hurting and hopeless people/children all over the world. Children that go to bed hungry, every night. Children that are orphans. Sleeping on dirty floors and drinking dirty water. What happened to me that I got so wrapped up in myself to not care about the needs of others. Working and sacrificing to "do" and "have." Complete selfishness. Trying to build the "American Dream" within my family, myself. With my perfect husband, perfect 3 kids, nice home and nice cars to drive. What? Going to church isn't enough? Paying tithe isn't enough? Not for me! I can't sleep knowing that we (my husband and I) are wearing ourselves out to take our kids on that next vacation, to buy that nice furniture that I've been dying for, all the while millions.... yes... MILLIONS of kids have NOTHING! My life has ben changed. Forever. I may not can help millions, but I can help some. I will answer the call to die to my self so God can give thru me. Because you see, anything I have to give, is because of God.

James 1:27

Religion and God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment