Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What really matters.

Lately God has really been dealing with me. Actually, it's been about a year. I used to be so worried about so many things. Trying to figure out where I fit in, do I fit in at church, or at The Foundry. Do I fit with this group of friends, or another. And don't get me started on all the stress over new "things." I was constantly getting my heart broken, because things didn't go my way. Someone didn't speak to me, or I felt left out. I know that we all want to belong, we were created that way. We all want a purpose. We all want nice things. But NONE of those things really matter. God is our everything. We are in existence because of Him, and only Him. Our spouse doesn't make us who we are, and certainly, our friends don't either. All of those things, eventually, pass away and we are left with God, our Creator, our Father. And I am pretty sure at that moment I won't care where "so-and-so" is. Now, I do my best to live for Him. Not just going to church ect. But actually LIVING for Him. And realizing what is really important in life. No friend will ever take the place of my husband. No friend will ever take the place of my children. My sole ministry is my family. I will no longer feel like I don't fit in because I don't have a "ministry" at my church. I will not neglect my 1st ministry to just build a name for myself. I'm not saying you have done this. This is all for me. Im just sharing what He has done in me. He has shown me that if I am faithful with the ministry He has given me, my family, then my ministry will be more than I could ever make it myself. Because it is my life.

Ecclesiastes 1:11

There is no remembrance of former things,
Nor will there be any remembrance of things that are to come
By
those who will come after.

No comments:

Post a Comment