Sunday, May 22, 2011

Surrender

This morning, before church, as I was praying I kept hearing these words... surrender... surrender. All through church this morning God just kept that in my spirit. Then during the alter call our musicians sang these lyrics:

I'm giving you my heart, and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of you my King
I'm giving you my dreams, I'm laying down my rights
I'm giving up my pride for the promise of new life

And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, all to you

I'm singing You this song, I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
For the sake of knowing You for the glory of Your name
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain


The Lord quietly spoke to my heart and asked... "will you surrender it all? Will you surrender
YOUR dream?" I was kinda taken back by that question, because I have surrendered, or so I
thought. I realized in that moment that I have surrendered parts of myself to God, but not my
dreams. What if God's will for my life doesn't match up to my dreams? What if He is asking
me to have less and give more? What if He is asking me to forsake all the plans that I have made
for myself? It is easy to follow God when you think that His will means all of your dreams will
come true? But what if His will is more for you that that? Will you surrender having what you
(think) you've always wanted? A resounding YES echos in my heart!! Absolutely. I will surrender
my everything to Him. I will give Him my heart, my dreams and all of my rights. Lord, I humbly
surrender myself to You, my dreams included. My life is Yours, have Your will!!

Jeremiah 10:23


I know, O Lord, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps


No comments:

Post a Comment