Monday, June 27, 2011

Paperwork...paperwork.. and more paperwork!

Let the paperwork begin. This last week I spent time organizing and getting all of our stuff together to start the actual adoption process. That means birth certificates, social security cards (x's 5!) W'2, proof of insurance and so on, must all be located.

Let's just say that I am not the most organized person in the world. BUT, I was only missing one important item, the birth certificate of my middle child, considering all the papers that needed to be gathered, missing one was not to bad! (In my opinion!) I quickly sent off for a replacement and hopefully will be ready to go soon.

Last night we began the actual paper work for the agency we are leaning toward using. 11 pages. This is serious stuff. Several questions call for a paragraph answer... LOL Needless to say, I printed 3 copies of it so I can practice and get my answers right.

It's so nerve racking. I mean, gosh, I didn't have to fill out that much paper work when having kids. I'm not sure I filled anything out... these people want to know all of our history, likes, dislikes, family routines, personalities... I mean, will they deny me adoption because I don't make my kids eat their veggies? Or, what if I let them jump on the bed or stay up all night long during the summer? Am I unfit to adopt because of that one stupid incident when I was 18? (Long story....) It asked if we had a history of depression? Well, yes I have, my dad died when I was 23 and I didn't handle that too well, is that a deal breaker for me to adopt? How serious do they take my answers? Do I write what they want to hear, or the truth? I know, I know, it is ALWAYS better to tell the truth, I have learned that over the years, and I plan too, although, it does give me a little anxiety!! But, thankfully, we have gotten thru the first 6 pages.... AND our kids are gone for the week to their Grandmothers for VBS, so I have plenty of time to get my paperwork and yard sale stuff done this week. Thanks Rita!!!

Well, that is enough rambling for now. Although I have plenty more to say, I'll save some for tomorrow! Just know, we really appreciate all of the prayers and support and we are so blessed to have such awesome family and friends!! Thank you for surrounding us with love!

Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment